Invisalign®: A Comfortable and Convenient Alternative to Braces
How is Invisalign® Different From Traditional Braces?
Invisalign® straightens your teeth just as effectively as traditional metal braces, but using a modern approach that is best suited for an active and social lifestyle. The clear plastic aligners are virtually invisible, so no one has to know they are there. And unlike traditional braces, they are removable! This makes it possible to brush and floss your teeth without the interference of brackets that can contribute to tooth decay. You can pop these clear braces out to eat and drink whatever you like with no food restrictions. Traditional braces use wires and metal that can poke and irritate your gums. Invisalign® is made of smooth plastic that is comfortable to wear. The convenience of Invisalign® appeals to people in all stages of life. Enjoy the significant benefits of improving your smile with minimal impact on how you look and feel.
How Does Invisalign® Work?
Invisalign® effectively corrects a wide variety of dental problems, including teeth that are widely gapped, overly crowded, or somewhere in between. Invisalign® treatment begins with a consultation to determine if you are a good candidate and to answer all of your questions. Not all dentists or orthodontists work with Invisalign®. We are specially trained providers who will develop an individualized treatment plan for your best results.
We’ll start with x-rays and impressions of your teeth to create a 3-dimensional image. Using this, we can map out the exact movements of your teeth and create a virtual image for you of how your teeth will look. Based on your individualized plan, a series of custom-made, clear aligners are made specifically for you. The aligners are made of BPA-free clear plastic and fit easily over your teeth. They are smooth and should be comfortable to wear. You can remove them to clean your teeth and to eat and drink. About every two weeks you will begin wearing a new set of aligners, progressing you through to your treatment goals. To make sure things are going well, you will have a check-up in the office every six weeks or so to monitor your progress.
How Long Will I Have To Wear Invisalign®?
What About Special Occasions or Playing Sports?
Invisalign® Teen Could Be the Answer For Your Family
Invisalign® Teen offers a completely new approach to orthodontics, giving you the smile you want without the embarrassment and hassles of traditional braces. No teen wants to have metal in their mouth. And no parent wants to argue about what their teen can and can’t do with braces. Invisalign® Teen straightens teeth using clear plastic aligners, doing the job of braces without metal brackets and wires – a win for both parents and teens alike.
Clear. Removable. Comfortable. Customized.
With Invisalign® Teen, you can:
- Eat the foods you love without worrying about breaking brackets or loosening wires. Simply remove the aligners while you eat your favorite foods and then put them back in when you are done.
- Feel Confident. Since Invisalign® Teen aligners are clear, no one will see them in pictures or in person.
- Brush and floss as usual to maintain good oral health and fresh breath. Simply remove your aligners to clean your teeth in the morning and evening as you normally would.
- Participate in your favorite activities without worry. Invisalign® Teen allows you to play sports or a musical instrument without worrying about cutting your mouth. And you can temporarily replace your aligners with a mouth guard when required for contact sports.
- Be comfortable! Invisalign® Teen plastic aligners are custom fit for comfort and durability.
With Invisalign® Teen, parents can expect:
- Compliance. Teen aligners have blue dots that fade when they are worn. If a teen isn’t wearing them, the dots won’t fade. This allows parents to make the most of their investment by ensuring that their teen is wearing the aligners as prescribed: 20-22 hours per day.
- Affordability. The cost is usually the same as metal braces, and up to half of the cost may be covered by dental insurance. In addition to that, Invisalign® Teen provides six replacement aligners in case they are lost.
Now your teen can have a straighter smile with a state of the art system that fits his or her busy lifestyle. In fact, Invisalign® Teen clear braces are so convenient, they’re a great fit for the entire family.