Invisalign®: A Comfortable and Convenient Alternative to Braces
How is Invisalign® Different From Traditional Braces?
How Does Invisalign® Work?
We’ll start with x-rays and impressions of your teeth to create a 3-dimensional image. Using this, we can map out the exact movements of your teeth and create a virtual image for you of how your teeth will look. Based on your individualized plan, a series of custom-made, clear aligners are made specifically for you. The aligners are made of BPA-free clear plastic and fit easily over your teeth. They are smooth and should be comfortable to wear. You can remove them to clean your teeth and to eat and drink. About every two weeks you will begin wearing a new set of aligners, progressing you through to your treatment goals. To make sure things are going well, you will have a check-up in the office every six weeks or so to monitor your progress.
How Long Will I Have To Wear Invisalign®?
What About Special Occasions or Playing Sports?
Invisalign® Teen Could Be the Answer For Your Family
Clear. Removable. Comfortable. Customized.
With Invisalign® Teen, you can:
- Eat the foods you love without worrying about breaking brackets or loosening wires. Simply remove the aligners while you eat your favorite foods and then put them back in when you are done.
- Feel Confident. Since Invisalign® Teen aligners are clear, no one will see them in pictures or in person.
- Brush and floss as usual to maintain good oral health and fresh breath. Simply remove your aligners to clean your teeth in the morning and evening as you normally would.
- Participate in your favorite activities without worry. Invisalign® Teen allows you to play sports or a musical instrument without worrying about cutting your mouth. And you can temporarily replace your aligners with a mouth guard when required for contact sports.
- Be comfortable! Invisalign® Teen plastic aligners are custom fit for comfort and durability.
With Invisalign® Teen, parents can expect:
- Compliance. Teen aligners have blue dots that fade when they are worn. If a teen isn’t wearing them, the dots won’t fade. This allows parents to make the most of their investment by ensuring that their teen is wearing the aligners as prescribed: 20-22 hours per day.
- Affordability. The cost is usually the same as metal braces, and up to half of the cost may be covered by dental insurance. In addition to that, Invisalign® Teen provides six replacement aligners in case they are lost.
Now your teen can have a straighter smile with a state of the art system that fits his or her busy lifestyle. In fact, Invisalign® Teen clear braces are so convenient, they’re a great fit for the entire family.